Document Type : Original Paper
1 Department of Mathematics & Humanities, R.V.R & J.C College of Engineering, Chowdavaram, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
2 Department of Statistics, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, A.P, India
The Probability model of a quality characteristic is assumed to follow the linear failure rate distribution. Control charts based on the extreme values of each subgroup are constructed. The control chart constants depend on the probability model of the extreme order statistics of each subgroup and the size of the subgroup. Accordingly, the proposed chart is known as extreme value chart. The technique of analysis of the means for a skewed population is applied with respect to linear failure rate distribution. The results are illustrated by example on live data.
- Bakir S.T. Means using ranks for randomized complete block designs. Stat Simul Comput. 1994; 23: 547–568.
- Bernard A.J, Wludyka P.S. Robust sample Analysis of means type randomization tests for variances. J Stat Comput Simul. 2001; 69:57–88.
- Farnum N.R. Analysis of Means Tables using mathematical processors. Qlty Engg. 2004; 16: 399–405.
- Guirguis G.H, TobiasRD. On the computation of the distribution for the analysis of Commun Stat Simul Comput. 2004; 16:861–887.
- Montgomery DC. Text Book for Design and Analysis of Experiments Fifth Ed., John Wiley & Sons, NewYork.
- Nelson PR, Dudewicz EJ. Exact Analysis of Means with Unequal Variances. Technometrics. 2002; 44:152–160.
- Ott E.R. Analysis of Means-A graphical procedure. Ind Qual Control. 1967; 24:101–109.
- Ramig P.F. Applications of Analysis of Means. J Qual Technol. 1983; 15:19–25.
- Rao C.V. Analysis of Means-A review. J Qual Technol. 2005; 37:308–315.
- Rao C.V, Prankumar M. ANOM-type Graphical Methods for testing the Equality of Several Correlation Coefficients. Guj Stat Rev. 2002;47–56.
- Srinivasa Rao B, Anil.A. Extreme value charts and ANOM based on new–weighted exponential distribution. J Univ Shanghai Sci Tech. 2021; 23(11):825-836.
- Srinivasa Rao B, Pratapa Reddy J, Rosaiah K. Extreme value charts and ANOM based on inverse Rayleigh distribution. Pak J Stat Op Res. 2012;8(4):759-766.
- Srinivasa Rao B, Kantam R.R.L. Extreme value charts and Analysis of means based on half logistic distribution. Int. J Qual Rel Mgnt. 2012; 29(5): 501-511.
- Srinivasa Rao B, Lakshmi KNVR. Analysis of means based on new-Weibull Pareto distribution. Int J Res Anal Rev. 2021;8(2):481-491.
- Srinivasa RaoB, Sricharani P. Extreme value charts and Analysis of means based on Dagum distribution. Int J Stat Appl Math. 2018; 3(2):351-354.
- SrinivasaR, PratapaReddy J, Sarath Babu G. Extreme value charts and ANOM based on log-logistic distribution. Mod Appl Stat Mds. 2012; Nov: 493-505.