Document Type : Original Paper
1 1 Department of Geology, Faculty of Sciences, Lorestan University, Khorramabad, Islamic Republic of Iran
2 2 Department of Geology, Shiraz Branch, Islamic Azad University, Shiraz, Islamic Republic of Iran
Lateritized ultrabasic units are located in the south of Bavanat in the northeast of Fars province in the east of Koopan village. The current study has used Landsat 8 images for RS processing. This study indicated that the RGB=532 color composite in Landsat 8 image has the best contrast for enhancing and detecting peridotite and serpentinite units. Also, based on the band ratio technique, RGB=(b2/b1), (b5/b1), and (b6/b7) color composite has the best contrast for peridotite and serpentinite units. The Principal Component Analysis technique with the standard method followed the best difference to detect and identify the ultrabasics. Principal Component Analysis method shows that RGB=PC6, PC2, and PC5 for Landsat 8 data have the best contrast for enhancement and detection of peridotite and serpentinite units. Finally, different methods of supervised classification, such as Spectral Angle Mapper, Spectral Information Divergence, and Support Vector Machine, were reviewed. Among these methods, the Spectral Information Divergence technique has the best layout for Landsat 8 images. This important layout as a basic geological map can be useful in additional exploration studies on the Bavanat peridotites.
- Oveisi B. Geological map of Surian. Scale 1:100,000. Geological Survey of Iran, 2001.
- Safaei H, Sharifi M, Tabatabaeimanesh SM, Chopannejad R. Separation of lithology units and shear zones of the northern Golpayegan metamorphic complex using digital satellite data processing. Conference on Applied petrology, 2010.
- Alavipanah SK. Application of remote sensing in Earth sciences (Soil science), Tehran University Press. 2003;478p. (in Persian)
- Gupta R. P. Remote sensing geology. second edition, springer - verlag, Berline, 2003;
- Taherzadeh L, Noori Khankahdani K, Amiri A, Nikeghbal N. Detection and slicing of Neyriz Tang-e-Hana marbles and skarns based on remote sensing data. The second Conference of Applied Petrology Islamic Azad University Khorasgan Branch. 2010.
- Sekhavati A, Amiri A, Ranjbar H, Noori Khankahdani K. Compared the results of the processing of Aster images and ETM for detection of Pb and Zn ore lithological units Bahabad area - Yazd, the second Congress of economic geology of Iran. 2011.
- Faridi R, Yaghbpoor A, Hezareh MR, Masudi F. Remote sensing studies for the detection of lineaments and alteration zones (North West of Robat Khan). The 30th meeting of Earth Sciences, Geological Survey of Iran, Tehran, Iran,
- Gomez C, Delacourt C, Allemand P, Ledru P, Wackerle R. Using ASTER remote sensingdata set for geological mapping, in Namibia. Phy. Chem. Earth, Parts A/B/C, 2005; 30(1-3): 97-108.
- Nikolakopoulos KG, Tsombos PI, Photiades A, Psonis K. Using remote sensing multispectral data and GIS techniques for the geological mapping of Halki Island. Bull. Geol. Soc. Greece, 2016; 47(3): 1500-1509.
- Lillesand TM, Kiefer RW. Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation (4th end). New York, John Wiley and Sons, 2000.
- Charou E, Stefouli M, Dimitrakopoulos D, Vasiliou E, Mavrantza O.D. Using Remote Sensing to assess the impact of mining activities on land and water resources. Water Env, 2010; 29: 45–52.
- Ruisi Z, Min C, Jianping C. Study on geological structural interpretation based on Worldview-2 Remote Sensing image and its implementation. Procedia Env. Sci. 2011; 10: 653 – 659.
- Noori Khankahdani K, Zarei E. Comparison between standard and selective PCA methods in the enhancement and detection of the dunite of Neyriz ophiolite sequence. 16th Annual Conference, Geological Society of Iran, Shiraz University, 2012.
- Shahvaran S. Investigation of economic potential of ultramafic laterites east of Koopan and Rostami villages (northeast of Fars province). 2012.
- Khademi A. Investigation of mineral potential of nickel laterite south of Ghaderabad, Fars province. 2010.
- Ghasemi N, Asadi Harouni H, Darvishzadeh A, Vosoughi Abedini M. Application of remote sensing to determine the potentials of nickel-bearing laterites in Sarchahan. 30th Earth Sciences Conference, Tehran, Geological Survey of Iran, 2012.
- Monsef I, Monsef R, Mata J, Zhang Z, Pirouz M, Rezaeian M, Esmaeili R, Xiao W. Evidence for an early-MORB to fore-arc evolution within the Zagros suture zone: Constraints from zircon U-Pb geochronology and geochemistry of the Neyriz ophiolite (South Iran). Gondwana Research, 2018; 62: 287-305.
- Ricou L.E. Evolution structurale des Zagrides. La region Clef de Neyriz (Zagros Iranien). Mem. Soc. Geol. Fr., Nouvelle Serie-Tom LV, 1976; 55(125), 140 p.
- Arvin M. Petrology and geochemistry of ophiolites and associated rocks from the Zagros suture, Neyriz, Iran. Ph.D. thesis, London University, London, England, 1982.
- Hoshmandzade A, Sohili M. Description of Geological Map of Eqhlid Sheet, Geological map of Iran. 1:250000 Series sheet G10, Geological survey of Iran, 1990.
- Zurmand M, Noori Khankahdani K, Ghadami Gh, Masoodi M. The Use of Remote Sensing Techniques for Enhancement and Detection of Koopan Laterites (Zagros Region), North East of Shiraz. J. Adv. Biores, 2015; 5:104-110.
- Laben CA, Brower BV. Process for Enhancing the Spatial Resolution of Multispectral Imagery using Pan- Sharpening. U.S. Patent, 2000; 6, 011, 875.
- Amer A, El Mezayen A, Hasanein M. ASTER spectral analysis for alteration minerals associated with gold mineralization. Ore Geol. Rev. 2016; 75: 239–251.
- Faust NL. Image enhancement. In: Kent, A. Williams, J.G. (Eds.) Supplement 5 of Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology. 20: Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1989.