Document Type: Original Paper
Department of physics, Sacred heart College, Tirupattur - 635601, Vellore District, Tamil Nadu, India
Department of Chemistry, Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur, India
Department of Physics, Government Thirumagal Mills College, Gudiyattam- 632 602, Tamil Nadu, India
Department of Physics, Sacred Heart College Tirupattur - 635601, Vellore District, Tamil Nadu, India
Aqueous solutions of mono, di, and triprotic acids were prepared with different molar percentages (say 10%, 20% and 30%). ammonium dihydrogen phosphate is gradually introduced in the aqueous solutions at different concentrations varied from 0.1M to 0.6M at 303K. Densities, viscosities, and velocity of sound of aqueous solutions are measured and they are used to evaluate the other parameters like adiabatic compressibility (β), free length (Lf), internal pressure (πi), apparent molar volume (φV), apparent molar compressibility (φK) and relative Association (RA) of the solution. Experimental results are analyzed based on molecular associations like hydrogen bonding and dipole-dipole interactions between the component molecules, which revealed that the variation of the parameters with the different molar concentrations of both ammonium dihydrogen phosphate and the acids.
- Savitha Jyostna T., and Sathyanarayana N. Ultrasonic studies on binary mixtures of some aromatic ketones with acrylonitrile ar 308.15K. Ind. J. Pure Appl. Phys. 43: 591-595 (2005).
- Kannappan V., and Jaya Santhi R. Ultrasonic studies of isomeric butyl alcohol in aqueous solutions. Ind. J. Pure Appl. Phys., 43: 167-171 (2005).
- Hong-Gang Li., Qian Zhao., Min Liu., Jie Liu., and De-Zhi Sun. Studies on interaction of ionic liquids with cyclodextrins in aqueous solutions. Ind. j. chem. 49A: 752-756(2010).
- Dongli Xu., Dongfeng Xue., Henryk Ratajczak. Morphology and structure studies of KDP and ADP crystallites in the water and ethanol solutions. J. Mol. Stru. 740: 37-45(2005).
- Xin-guang Xu., Xun Sun., Zheng-ping Wang., Gui-bao Xu., Zong-shu Shao., Zhang-Shou Gao. Supernormal Optical characteristics in doped quaternary ammonium salt KDP crystals, Opt, Mater, 23(1-2): 409-414 (2003).
- Yusuke Asakuma., Qin Li., H.Ming Ang., MosesTade., Kouji Maeda., Keisuke Fukui. A Study of growth mechanism of KDP and ADP crystals by means of quantum chemistry, Appl.urf.Sci. 254(15): 4524-4530 (2008).
- Pornpimol Muangthai., and Piyatip Nookaew. Monitoring on Some Organic Acids in Fresh and Processed Rural Plant Leaves in Thailand. Asi. J. Nat. & Appli. Sci. 4(1): 82-89(2015).
- Henry J. Hannan., Technician's Formulation Handbook for Industrial and Household Cleaning Products -Acids, (kyral LLC, Waukesha, Wisconsin, pp. 31-32(2007).
- Rita Mehra., and Shilpi Vats. Study of interactions in L-Lysine monohydrochloride with solvent as Urea (aq). Arch. Phys. Res. 1(3): 15-22 (2010).
- Balwinder Saini., Bindu Rani., and Bamezai R. K. Volumetric analysis of L-arginine hydrochloride in aqueous and aqueous tetrahydrofuran solution at 303.15 K. Arch. Appl. Sci. Res., 4 (5): 2068-2076(2012).
- Palani R., Geetha A., Saravanan S and Vijaya Shanbhag. Intermolecular Interactions of Some amino acids in aqueous 1,4-Dioxane solutions at 298.15k. Rasayan J. Chem. 1(3): 495-502(2008).
- Ravichandran S., and Ramanathan K. Ultrasonic investigations of Mnso4, Niso4 and Cuso4 aqueous in Polyvinyl Alcohol solution at 303k. Rasayan j chem. 3(2): 375-384 (2010).
- Arul G., and Palaniappan L. Molecular interaction studies in the ternary mixture of cyclohexane+toluene+2-propanol. Ind. J. Pure. Appl. Phys. 39: 561-564(2001).